Tuesday, February 5, 2013

New Year, New Start

...or at least I hope so. I know I am not unlike many other people out there who try to lose weight and then fall off the wagon and I'm not going to claim to be. I can look back at my old posts and see how I gradually started to go downhill. I'm sure it was a combination of several things but my mood slowly disintegrated over the past few months. It actually makes me sad to see how happy I was and how good I was doing just to see it all go downhill so quickly. I seemed to hit rock bottom just about two weeks ago. I was severely depressed. More so then I have ever been in my life and for no one apparent reason. It was more a combination of several things with one final (insignificant) thing that just caused me to completely crumble.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so upset with myself. I gained back 10 pounds over the holidays and completely stopped running...but I am NOT going to dwell on these things. I feel like my mood is slowly improving and I am determined to move forward from here. I have put a few things in place that should help me to continue on the road back to feeling better all around.

My husband and I are starting a 90 day fitness challenge through his work tomorrow and I restarted the Couch 2 5K program tonight...on the dreaded treadmill...YUCK! I can't wait till the weather gets better so I can hit the road again. I also signed up for round 2 of Run With Jess's Dietbet challenge and am hoping to win some money for my weight loss efforts there.

Another way to help me get back my running back into full swing is that I signed up to return for the Crim Training Program this year! You may remember that I won a scholarship to participate last year and I had a ton of fun training to walk the 10 mile event. This year I am biting the bullet and signing up to train to run the 5k or 8k course...but I registered for the 10 mile RUN event!!! I don't know that I'll be ready to run 10 miles by August but I'd rather sign up for the longer distance so that I can decide whether or not to continue on past the 8k course. I plan to train with the group but to also train on my own for the 10 mile run...much like I did last year when I trained to walk the 10 mile event but I did the C25K program on my own.

My eating habits are horrendous and I just can't seem to get myself to get back on track. I don't understand why its so hard and why I just can't seem to just say 'No Erin, you don't need to eat that!' Its so maddening! I'm just going to try and make small changes a little at a time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been making crocheted hats fairly steadily since I last posted. Mostly the owl hats, but I've had a few others. This shark hat was a special request. Pretty different, but cute.


We started going to a new church that is really close to our house. The church that I have been a member of since I was a very little girl is pretty far away and unfortunately doesn't have a children's program. (Well, they didn't for years, but we attended service at Christmas and were told they were going to be offering children's Sunday school again) I think our family will be really happy here at this new church. We've only attended a few times but its great to actually look forward to church instead of feeling like its an obligation.

So that's a very abbreviated take on what's been going on with me. I would go into more detail...but I've been wanting to post because it has been WAY too long since I last posted. I just needed to get that first post up. I can always go into more detail about these things in upcoming posts...after all, it is MY blog. : )

5 comments:

  1. Don't be too hard on yourself! I've been slowly losing the weight I put on over Christmas as well.
    It sounds like you have a good plan of attack :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see your back. Just remember that getting back on the wagon is what counts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back Erin! You've already done the hardest part, the rest will just fall into place:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I saw you on DietBet! Welcome back! You have some great goals to keep you going!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I nominated you for the Liebster Award.
    http://convolutedcrazydream.blogspot.com/2013/02/liebster-award.html
    =)

    ReplyDelete